Photograph of the view inside the belfry of the Los Angeles Plaza Mission Church showing the bells cast by Paul Revere's apprentice George Hollbrook, [s.d.]. The left wall has three arched openings with a bell in each of them. The right wall has only one arched opening where a bell hangs. The clappers of the three bells on the left wall are partially visible and have ropes attached to them. The ropes of the two lower bells are attached to a wooden contraption (used for bell ringing purposes), while the rope for the third bell dangles. The top and lower right bells have raised letterings that read: "G H Hollbrook [...]." The third bell has raised lettering in Latin(?). A wooden cross stands at the highest point of the arched wall on the left. The floor is littered with debris. The plaza is visible below through the three lower arched openings (two on the left wall, and one on the right).; "Across the street from the Plaza and to the west is the Old Plaza Church (535 Main St.), first established in 1784 as a chapel. The oldest religious structure in Los Angeles, this 1822 building is also known as the Church of Our Lady the Queen of the Angels. Originally built as a simple adobe by Franciscan Padres with the labor of local Native American Indians, it took an additional 40 years to construct the whole church. This Catholic Church now features some fine modern additions, including a tile mosaic of The Annunciation, created by artist Isabel Piczek in 1981. The interior displays ornate designs of wrought iron and gold leaf. A collection of religious canvases adorn the alter, and murals grace the ceilings. Today, Our Lady Queen of Angels serves as an active church of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles." -- unknown author.