Photograph of the exterior view of the Plaza Church (or Mission Nuestra Senora de La Reina de Los Angeles), Los Angeles, 1876. The three-story church features corner buttresses with spire-like tips. In front of the church is a fence that encloses the yard (at right). Three trees in the yard hinder the view of the building in the background. Another building is situated higher on the hill (or mountain?) in the background. Two horse-drawn carriages are parked in front of the church and near the fence. Picture file card reads: "Mission -- Nuestra senora de Los Angeles. From Hayes book in Bancroft Library".