Photograph of a view of the intersection of Wilshire Boulevard and Figueroa Street after the improvement of Wilshire, December 6, 1934. Wilshire is at center and heads away from the viewer into the distance. It is a wide paved street lined with many automobiles. Figueroa can be seen running left to right in the foreground. The buildings in the foreground are mostly one- and two-story structures with terracotta tile roofs. Many taller buildings can be seen in the background. Compares to USC-0-1-1-470, an image before the improvements.; Legible signs include, from left: "Covey's U-Drive $3 Per Day", "Auto Park", and "Colonial Cafeteria".