Photograph of a lithograph depicting the wharf entrance to the harbor in Wilmington, 1878-1898. Sail boats navigate the harbor at the bottom of the image, the buildings of the harbor behind them farther up. To the left, a walking bridge on which pedestrians can be seen, cuts across the bay from the bottom of the frame to the wharf. To the extreme left, what appears to be a ferry is docked at a strait, people loading on, behind which more sail boats are visible. In the far distance, smoke billows from the chimneys of houses in front of the mountains on the horizon. Wilson College, just north of early Wilmington is shown in the center of the drawing.