Photograph of the B'nai B'rith Synagogue (Temple), located on Hope and 9th Streets, Los Angeles, ca.1900. The front facade was composed of two square towers with onion tops flanking the central aisle. "B'nai B'rith", the name of the temple, is prominently displayed on the façade, right below the circular stained-glass window where the Star of David embossed in it. Above the circular stained glass window is the numbers "56561896" embossed or carved in stone. Directly above it are what appear to be two arched windows with Hebrew writings resembling an open book. The building was made of brick and the Star of David topped the central gable and the onion tops. Each of the towers and the right gable has smaller decorative towers standing on each of its corners. Streetcar tracks line the dirt road in front of the temple. Silhouettes of utility poles can be seen on the sidewalk and the dirt road.; "The great researcher, Mae Brussell, grew up in the shadow of her father, Rabbi Edgar F. Magnin. Rabbi Magnin joined the staff of the Temple B'nai B'rith in Los Angeles in 1915 and became its senior rabbi in 1919. He remained in that position until his death on July 17, 1984. In 1929 the Temple moved to 3663 Wilshire Boulevard and became known as The Wilshire Boulevard Temple. Two years before his death this temple was dedicated to Robbi Magnin. He was often called the "Rabbi to the stars" because of his close association with the Hollywood community. When the Rabbi died, Mae Brussell added many of her father's files and books to her massive collection. Rabbi Magnin's file contents are a window into the years before the world found itself engulfed in the terror of World War II." -- unknown author.