Photograph of a panoramic view of the Plaza and church, showing the early landscaping of the surrounding area, Los Angeles, 1873. The brick well water house is in the center of the Plaza. This building was the first water works in Los Angeles.; Picture file card reads: "Photo by C.J. Prudhomme. Note: photo contains the following reference points -- 1. Plaza Church built in 1821; 2. Residence of Commander Stockton in 1846 (the Avila adobe?); 3. Residence of Don Tiburcio Tapia in 1844; 4. Sisters of Charity Hospital in 1860; 5. Home of Don Juan Apablasa; 6. Residence of Senora Choma (or Chona?) Navarro; 7. Residence built by Don Juan Ballesteros, known as the home of Don Vicente Lugo; 8. The Plaza as it looked in 1873; 9. Residence of Senora Josefa Dominguez; 10. Home of Don Romulo Pico; 11. Temporary home of Don Pio Pico in 1868; 12. First site of the Gas Works in 1869; 13. First cemetary in Los Angeles; 14. Orchard of Don Matthew Keller in 1860; 15. Orchard of Juan M. Ramirez".