Photograph of a view of the Edendale cut on Pacific Electric to Glendale, ca.1905. The track runs from the left, curves into a straight path and then disappears behind the hills (at right). Trees cover the hilly landscape. Mountains are visible in the distance.; "EDENDALE LINE The Edendale Line performed local service along the route of the Glendale-Burbank Line. Apparently the Edendale Line was virtually as old as its parent line, for Old PE public timetables of 1906 show this line operating. ROUTE: The Edendale Line operated from its Los Angeles terminus, Cares & Central Aves., via Ceres, 6th St., Figueroa St., 2nd St. (Beverly Boulevard.), Glendale Boulevard. And private way to its other terminus at Semi-Tropical Park in the Edendale District. The length of this line was 4.92 miles, most of which was on heavily congested city streets. ABANDONMENT: On July 12, 1936, concurrent with the partial bus substitution on the Glendale-Burbank Line, the Edendale line was extended 1.2 miles from Whitmore Ave., Semi-Tropical Park, to Monte Sano to provided service over that part of the Glendale Burbank Line inaccessible to busses. At Whitmore Ave., a layover track had been provided between the two main line tracks, which were spread quite a distance apart at that point; at Monte Sano, Edendale cars laid over on the substation spur." -- unknown author (part 1 of 2).; "On May 5, 1939, the Central Station at the 5th-Central-Ceres intersection was abandoned, as the Southern Pacific and Union Pacific shifted passenger operations to the new Union Passenger Terminal. This rendered Edendale cars superfluous east of Main St. On September 8, 1940, Edendale cars were rerouted into the Subway Terminal, leaving 2nd, Figueroa and 6th St. west of Main free of PE cars save for occasional box motors. Coincident with the restoration of full-time rail service on the Glendale-Burbank Line on November 24, 1940, the Edendale Line as such ceased to exist. In its place was a new local service operating in rush hours only to Richardson, adjacent to the Southern Pacific interchange at the boundary line between Los Angeles, and Glendale. At off-peak hours, local service was provided by Glendale-Burbank cars. Storage tracks for the Atwater-Richardson locals were provided on PE-SP interchange trackage alongside the SP's main line at its Glendale station. World War II brought a considerable upsurge in the number of local trains, but thereafter this service dwindled until the last such car, operated by Metropolitan Coach Lines, rolled out of the Subway Terminal on June 17, 1955." -- unknown author (part 2 of 2).