Photograph of a birdseye view of the sunken rose garden in Exposition Park, ca.1950. The large rose garden is at center and is full of pedestrians wandering among the square plots of roses. A large circular fountain can be seen shooting water into the air in the middle of the garden. In the background at center, the large dome and elaborate façade of the Natural History Museum are visible. A collection of trees surrounds the rose garden. The garden formally opened in 1913.; "Exposition Park is a tract of 118 [114?] acres, some of which are owned by the City, some by the County, and some by the State. In 1908 the Board of Directors of the reorganized Sixth District Agriculture Association began to plan for the future of the Park. One of their first objectives was to build a permanent exposition building and museum. In 1910 the cornerstones of both buildings were laid, and they were opened to the public in 1913 with the formal opening of the park. Photo of today showing the beautiful sunken rose garden in front of the Museum."