Photograph of Temple Street looking west from Main Street, showing the Downey Block being demolished, ca.1905. The Downey Block is on the corner in the foreground at right and is a two-story structure with arched windows on both levels. The bottom level is darker than the top. Several large Victorian houses can be seen in the background at left, and there are pedestrians in the streets. A network of utility wires crosses over the streets, anchored by several tall poles.; Legible signs include, from left to right: "Patent Office[...]azard &[...]arphay", and "Whiting Wrecking Co.".