Photograph of a view of Spring Street, looking north from Fourth Street in Los Angeles, ca.1930-1950. The wide paved road is at right and is crowded with shiny automobiles and large trucks. A network of utility wires crosses over the street in several places. Both sides of the street are lined with tall buildings and iron light posts. Many pedestrians can be seen along the concrete sidewalks that border Spring Street. The Angelus Hotel was torn down in 1956 and the Stimson at Third Street and Spring Street was torn down in 1953.; Legible signs include, from left to right, "Hardw[are]", "Shelter", "Ice Cubes Liquors", "Angelus Hotel", "No Parking 7 AM to 6:15 PM Commercial Vehicles May Load or Unload only from 10 AM to 4 PM Sundays excepted L.A.P.D.", "Push Waste Paper Waste Receptacle for Pedestrian Use", "Entrance", "Wilcox Building", "California Bank", "National Title Building Entrance 126 W. Third Street", "Gruen Watch Time Calif. Horological Inst.", and "System Park".