Photograph of an exterior view of the Rosamond Hotel in Rosamond, ca.1910. The hotel is a two-story rectangular building made entirely of stone. It has a covered porch and a balcony on its front side at right, and a sign above the balcony bears the name of the hotel. Two lines of arched windows run along the side of the building at left, and a wooden gate in a stone wall leads to a yard next to the hotel. Two people are standing in the shade provided by the porch. The hotel was built in the 1900's by Ezra Hamilton with rock obtained from Tropico Hill. The hotel was first known as Hamilton Hotel, and later Juanito's and Rock a By Club. The 1952 Tehachapi earthquake did so much damage that the top story had to be removed.