Photograph of Monrovia's first automated fire engine, 1909. The fire engine stands in the foreground to the right. Two women and a small dog stand on the fire engine. A small, triangular flag can be seen to the left of the dog. A small sign beneath the feet of the women reads: "After". What appears to be a bouquet of flowers can be seen on the roof of the automobile. A large brick building sits in the background. At its center, a large rectangular entrance is visible. A window is visible tot he left of the entrance. A large banner is draped above the building's entrance, and additional banners can be seen at the far ends of the structure. Two men stand under the entrance of the building, and a small sign sits against the building to the immediate left.