Photograph of a birdseye view of the Los Angles Plaza, 1878. The Pico House, Plaza Catholic Church, Plaza and Lugo House can be seen, as well as tanks from the gas company located just south of the church. The three-story Pico House hotel is at the extreme right of the picture, and the roof and the cupola of the Plaza Church, properly known as Church of Our Lady Queen of the Angels, is at the extreme left. The plaza itself contains several rows of trees, ranging from very short ones on the outside, to medium trees in the middle and tall ones in the innermost circle. There is also short fence separating the outermost row of trees from the next row.