Photograph of a view of Santa Monica's Third Street from Broadway to Nevada Boulevard, ca.1891. The dirt street is lined with square buildings containing various shops and stores. Several horse-drawn wagons are lined up at right, and there are pedestrians at left. The Opera House and the Catholic Church are on the right side of the street, while the First Presbyterian Church is on the corner of Nevada. The First Presbyterian Church can also be seen at the corner of Nevada Boulevard.; Legible signs from left to right include: "Public Telephone", Stationery", "Grocer", "Bakery", "Boots Shoes", "Hardwa[re]", "Meat Market", and "Scollard".