Photograph of Castelar Street (now Hill Street) as viewed south from Bernard Street after construction of the new thoroughfare, February 10, 1938. Several automobiles can be seen on a paved road running from the foreground into the center background. Utility poles line the road at left, while a portion of a one-story building is visible at left. A leafless stump of a tree can be seen near the building. Dirt lots can be seen on both sides of the road, while buildings can be seen beyond the lots. City Hall can be seen in the distance at center.