Photograph of an aerial view of the Goldwyn Studios in Culver City, California, in 1918. The view is to the south. At the bottom of the photograph is the front entrance of the studio known as the Colonnade Building. The Colonnade runs parallel to Washington Boulevard. To the right of the studio buildings is what was known as Lot #2 where sets were constructed for the many films produced at Goldwyn Studios. Samuel Goldwyn purchased the studio from Triangle Studios, the first motion picture studio in Culver City, which was founded by Thomas Ince in 1915. Behind the studios are empty fields, and in the background, low hills.