Photograph of an exterior view of the Los Angeles Natural History Museum (formerly Los Angeles County Historical Art Museum?), 1905. The building is approximately three-stories tall. The facade features a multicurved parapet flanked by two dome turrets. The two long wings of the building meets at the center where above the center is a large dome roof. The spacious courtyard in front of the building is well manicured.; "Exposition Park, originally named Agricultural Park, was developed in 1876 as a showground for agricultural and horticultural fairs. The property became state land in 1880, the same year USC was founded, but during the 1890s, it fell into private hands, victim of a corrupt state legislature in league with local opportunists. Its character swiftly deteriorated, and it became a favorite haunt of the city's riffraff. William M. Bowen, an attorney and adjunct professor of law at USC, was appalled at the gambling and debauchery he witnessed beyond the park's gate, and late in the decade he spearheaded a successful campaign to recover the tract on behalf of the people of California. With the support of fellow civic leaders such as USC President George Finley Bovard, Bowen garnered the commitments of city, state and county to develop the land as a public educational, cultural and recreational center. On November 6, 1913, the day after William Mulholland opened the Owens River aqueduct, Exposition Park was formally dedicated, home to a state Exposition Building and the county Museum of History, Science and Art, and slated to gain a National Guard Armory." -- unknown author.; "For most of this century, California has had a museum designed to showcase the ways in which science and technology affect the lives of its residents. The first State Exposition Building opened in 1909, housing simple displays of natural resources and industrial products from across the state. After World War II, as technology-based businesses began to grow, the building was remodeled to show visitors the role of science and technology in everyday life. To better describe this new objective, it was renamed the California Museum of Science and Industry in 1951." -- unknown author.