Photograph of a view of the Los Angeles County Court House on Poundcake Hill, 1906. The courthouse, which was built in 1888 and demolished 1933, stands at left. It is a massive stone building with a large rectangular clock tower at center. Its walls are decorated with several columns and towers, and arch-shaped windows can be seen along its perimeter. An American flag flies from the top of the tower. Several other three- and four-story buildings can be seen packed closely together in the foreground at right. Caption below the image reads: "As it is Today / The Court House Detnention Home in foreground. To the right the Bullard Block.".