Photograph of an exterior view of the Los Angeles County Courthouse and Jail looking west, ca.1906. The flat rooftops of highrise buildings fill the foreground while the gothic architecture of the courthouse stands to the left, its clock tower reading approximately ten minutes after nine o'clock and an American flag waving from its peak. The courthouse is four stories tall, comprised of two brick main buildings flanking either side of the clock tower. A second, semi-gothic building about half its height stands to the right of it. More of the city's buildings are visible in the background, stretching to the horizon. The courthouse, built in 1888, was demolished in 1933 and was located on the south side of Temple Street between Broadway and Spring Street, on Poundcake Hill.