Photograph of exterior view of first Los Angeles County Court House, ca.1875. At center, the exterior of the Temple Building, the first Los Angeles County Court House, can be seen. The court house was built in 1859 by John Temple and rented to the county and to vendors who leased store space. It was bounded by Court Street, Market Street, Spring Street, and Main Street. Three people stand at the top of the short flight of steps from the street to the sidewalk at the corner of the 2-story brick building. A clock tower is barely visible (blurred) on top of the building.