Photograph of panoramic view of buildings comprising Los Angeles County Rest House constructed during a smallpox epidemic, 1892. At center, a large cluster of buildings can be seen. The main two-story building closest to the foreground is surrounded by trees and shrubs. Large trees also surround the smaller structures nearby. The large property is surrounded on three sides by a wooden fence. A group of five small buildings are visible within the boundary demarcated by the fence. In the extreme background, a hillside dotted with sparse vegetation with a line of trees near its ridge can be seen.