Photograph of the El Dorado roadhouse in Newhall, Los Angeles, 1903. Newhall's original ranch store stands along the unpaved road with its entrance shaded by a wooden canopy over which its name is emblazoned. The building is in mild disrepair; some of the display windows seem either to be broken or to have paint or stains on them, while a smaller window to the one-story clapboarded building's right side seems to be partially boarded-up. Several planks in the left side of the canopy are also missing. The word "Pool" is painted on the left side of the main doors, while the word "Candy" is painted on their right. Trees and another small building are visible in the background to the left.