Photograph of an exterior view of the Altadena residence of Colonel George G. Green, owner of the Hotel Green, ca.1900. The dwelling is on the southwest corner of Santa Rosa Avenue and Mariposa Street. A stone lined drive curves broadly up toward the house from the entry which has, on the visible side, a stone lamp post. Stone lined footpaths branch off the drive. The well manicured lawn has trees and other plants at pleasing intervals. Mountains are visible in the background. The house was later the site of the Altadena Library.