Photograph of a view of the first house in Alhambra on north Granada Avenue, [s.d.]. The home, built by the Wallace family in 1878 with lumber hauled from Mount Wilson by oxen, is pictured just to the right of center, surrounded by a picket fence on the outside of which a man can be seen leaning. Farther back, the wooden cabin can be seen behind some tree foliage, the silhouettes of three children visible ot the right of it.; Caption reads: "Ten acres was bought for $1,000. Same property now valued at $10,000 per acre".