Photograph of a view of the Lee Tower (LT) Building on the Miracle Mile of Wilshire Boulevard, ca.1959. Wilshire is at center and is a six-lane divided road. Palm trees line the medians. There are several automobiles visible, including a truck and a bus at right. Wide cement sidewalks line both sides of the street and a series of utility cables crosses overhead. Several tall, rectangular buildings, including the Lee Tower Building, can be seen along the street, in addition to many smaller structures. On the left, the Dominguez building can be seen, and behind it, the Wilshire Tower building is partly visible with the Desmond's sign on it. Behind the Lee Tower building, the Prudential building can be partly seen. Miracle Mile was a commercial strip on Wilshire from LaBrea to Fairfax avenues developed in 1921 by realtor A.W. Ross who recognized that the automobile would decentralize downtown business. Legible signs include, from left to right: "Spanish", "Discount", "Steaks", "Give Give", "Vic Tanny", "Lens", "Columbia", Keep Right", "Pruden[tial]", "Park", "LT 5455", "California Bank", "Free Parking Huddle", "They saw [?] at Citizen's National Bank", "Pharmacy", "Security First National Bank of Los Angeles", and "Miracle Mile". Originally, the photograph was captioned as "View of the Prudential Building on the Miracle Mile of Wilshire Boulevard, ca.1959".