Photograph of a view of the ruins of the Willow Springs stage coach stop, showing a horse-drawn coach, ca.1886. The adobe brick ruins of the Willow Springs stage coach stop sit in the right background of the image, alone in the barren desert landscape. A horse-drawn coach with several horses near it sits in the left centerground, near a large bush. There is a deep cut in the earth in the foreground that runs to the background, possibly man-made or water-carved. Willow Springs was an early Native American camp that was visited by Garces in 1776 as well as by J. Smith in the early 1820's and Fremont. Other buildings at Willow Springs were built by Ezra Hamilton in the 1900's, though the stage coach stop was built in the 1860's.