Photograph of bronze tablet commemorating Fort Moore, 1930. In the extreme background, part of a small building can be seen. Plants are visible near a wooden porch, and three windows are visible along the sides of the building. At center, a large rectangular stone slab can be seen standing vertical. A small brick border is visible near the base of the slab, and various plants grow on both sides of the base. At the center of the slab, a large rectangular plaque can be seen.; The plaque reads: "Fort Moore, erected on this site in 1847 by United States Troops. The first celebration of Independence Day in California was held here July 4, 1847". A small, round emblem appears below the description, and additional text follows that reads: "Marked by Eschscholtzia Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution. Los Angeles, California, July 4, 1916".