Photograph of an exterior view of "The Lindley", a Victorian building on the corner of Sixth Street between Broadway and Hill Street, Los Angeles, 1912. Fruit is displayed in crates at the bottom of the building, which sports sun windows with striped cloth canopies over several of them, and balconies. Signs cover its lower entrance and its left side. The front end of an automobile is just barely visible in front of a second, smaller building to the right, which also features signs. A high rise building is visible in the background. Streetcar rails are embedded in the road. The building was built by Dr. Walter Lindley in 1887 and served as the first California hospital.; Legible signs, from left to right, include: "Mammoth Shoe House [...] Broadway", "Western Press Job Printing / Entrance 317 W. 6th Street", "Carpenter Paint", "Furnished Rooms", "Hennelly Hats / Manufacturer of Fur Felt Hats / 314 W. 6th Street / A New Style [...] / Silver / Collars 2 for 25¢ / Linocord Endless Buttonholes [...] / For Sale by M.A. Dyer Habadasher", "Coca-cola", "[...] Transient Rooms 50 [...]", "Removal Sale / $3.00 Hats for $2.00 $1.50 Caps for $1.00.", "Will Move Next Door Jan. 1st", "313 Clearing House Shoe Co.", "Men's Sewed Soles 75¢ Ladies Sewed Soles 50¢ Whole Sole Work a Specialty", and "Closing Out [...] Shoes Reduced".