Photograph of children in front of the Kaufmann School on the corner of Sixth Street and Palomares Street in Pomona, ca.1910. The six young children are gathered near a hitching post in front of the school at left. The school is behind them and is a mission-style building with two large bell towers and a arch-shaped entryway. Its walls are covered in spackle and its roof is covered with terracotta tiles. An American flag flies from a pole in front of the school. The school was built in 1903 and 1904 and was then called the Fourth Word School. After 1910, it was known as the Kaufmann School. The towers were removed in 1929.