Photographic portrait of people posed outside the Boston Dry Goods Store, later named the J.W. Robinson's Drug Store, between 171 and 173 north Spring Street, Los Angeles, ca.1886. Six women and three men stand at the entrance to the store, under the decorative canopy of the porch. Seven children stand more up front and off the porch, in groups to either side of the adults. Clothing can be seen in the right display window. A fire hydrant is visible in the foreground, and a sign to the left of the porch reads "Ticket Office". The building was afterwards used by the Pierre Furniture Store, and was later destroyed in the construction of the second Los Angeles City Hall. The Boston Store was first started at Spring Street and Temple Street in 1883 by J.W. Robinson. He moved later to south Broadway, opposite City Hall, in 1895, at 9th and Broadway. See CHS-32426 for a different location.