Photograph of the exterior of the Bullock's Department Store on Wilshire Boulevard, taken from down the street, ca.1936. This famous five-story art deco building, with its two-hundred and forty-one foot tower and penthouse accented with verdigris copper, is visible at center. To the left, at least ten cars are driving down Wilshire Boulevard. On the sidewalk at left, a man can be seen walking into the foreground. Four street lights are visible and extend in a row toward a group of buildings in the distance. On the far right, two women are walking down the sidewalk toward the Bullock's building, past what appears to be a billboard with the words "The Gillett...".