Photograph of the exterior view of The Food Spot at Florence Avenue and Van Ness Avenue from across the street, ca.1940. This rectangular-shaped light colored building has a vertically stripped awning that runs the length of the market below a sign that reads "The Food Spot Market". Running along the type of the building are twenty separate lights that appear to be pointed back at the building. To the right, a section of the building extends vertically while the left side of it shows a large dark colored circle with "The Food Spot" written in block letters inside the circle. Two cars can be seen on the street at left, while a third can be seen parked at right.