Photograph of an exterior view of the second Los Angeles High School on Fort Moore Hill, Los Angeles, [s.d.]. The tall brick building can be seen at center. The school is four stories high and has a tall rectangular clock tower at left. Several arched and dormer windows can be seen, and several doorways can be seen as well. Ivy covers most of the walls. Trees and more buildings are visible in the background, while a wide street can be seen in the foreground.; The caption on the image reads: "Former Los Angeles High School (now Central Junior High School.) (Note: abandoned by Los Angeles High School in June, 1917.)".; "Los Angeles' first high school was located on Poundcake Hill, near First and Fort St. (which is now Broadway.) Los Angeles High School was created on the Central Elementary School site in 1873, at a cost of $20,000. The school's first principal was Dr. W.T. Lucky. Its first graduating class (1875) had 7 members. In 1882, to make room for the County Court House, the school was moved to Fort Moore Hill, where the present Board of Education now stands. The picture to the left is that of the second Los Angeles High School. In 1917, it moved again to its current location on Olympic Blvd., and Rimpau Ave., with 1937 students." -- unknown author.