Photograph of the San Fancisquito Canyon Hydro-Power Plant, [s.d.]. At center, a long, rectangular building straddles a river, water pouring from channels below. A row of tall windows are set on the lower level of the building, topped by a row of shorter windows. Some of each are tilted out, open. Foothills are visible in the background.; Slip included with photo reads: "First power plant to be placed in operation by the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power was San Francisquito Number 1. The plant, in operation since 1917, is one of four which are located along the Los Angeles Aqueduct, utilizing the fall in elevation of the water from 3800 feet to almost sea level. The combined hyro-electric plants have a capacity of 100,000 kilowatts".