Photograph of the Mondonville Hotel on Washington Boulevard near Arlington Road, ca.1896. The hotel, later the Army and Navy Clubhouse, sports a clapboard veneer and two stories. The second story shows a small balcony, and the first story shows a porch on which there are several chairs. A bicycle leans against a post on the porch. Signs on the building read "Restaurant" and "Refreshment All Hours". To the left and right of the building, fences can be seen. To the immediate right of the building, a small archway is visible. In the foreground at right, the back end of a carriage can be seen. Trees are evident in the background. The Hotel was put out of business in 1900.