Photograph from a halftone mechanical print of the exterior of the Farmers and Merchants National Bank, ca.1880. A long, thin sign stretching across the entire façade of the bank displays its name. The bank building is long and two-story, with arched windows on the second floor; awnings covering the windows on the right. On the bottom floor, there are large rectangular windows and several doors. The façade of the building is decorated by moldings, and there are several pedestrians on the sidewalk in front of it. There is a carriage parked on the left side of the picture.