Photograph of a birdseye view of the exterior of the Samson Factory of the Samson Tire and Rubber Corporation, Compton, 1927. A large one-story brick building can be seen at center with multiple evenly-spaced windows across the front. A sign reading, "Samson Cords" can be seen above the building, while a grass lawn is visible enclosed by a chain-link fence at left. At least eight automobiles can be seen parked along a road at left. The road continues at right and is lined by utility poles. Other buildings and two water towers can be seen in the background. Transparency reads: "Five additions have been made within the past three years to keep up with the ever-mounting sales. The factory is in operation twenty-four hours a day and has been so for three years".