Photograph of a view down an unidentified street in Nevada City, California, showing Jackson's Grocery, ca.1930 (1900?). A wide, paved street is shown at center which veers to the left and up a hill where a tall, three-story building can be seen, built in the Federal style of architecture. Commercial shops can be seen at the street's intersection and along either side. Two men can be seen walking down the right sidewalk on the hill. Legible signs from left to right include: "B.P.O.E. 518", "Free Tea", "J.J. Jackson's Groceries", "Furniture", and "Philco Radio". Photoprint: "Once a section of China Town, this corner has been thoroughly modernized although the buildings are old. Notice iron shutters on corner building, which was a saloon and later a grocery store. Elk Hall on left, Masonic Hall on right, Courthouse on hill".