Photograph of a view of a commercial street in Sutter¿s Creek, showing Sutter Creek Pharmacy, ca.1935. The paved street runs from the right and center foregrounds to the center middleground, bisecting the image. Automobiles are parked each side of the street, passenger sedans as well as one trailer with an indiscernible logo in the right centerground of the image. Two-story commercial buildings, constructed in the Second Empire style of architecture, line each side of the street. Many of the buildings have balconies and awnings. On the left side, a man in the foreground walks on the paved sidewalk toward the background, while another sits in a doorway. On the right side of the street, two women stand together on the sidewalk in the centerground. To their left, a man stands at an automobile. At the far end of the street, two men walk toward the background. Sutter¿s Creek was named after John A. Sutter, who arrived in the town in 1846. He was the first white man to settle in the area. Many of the balconies in Sutter¿s Creek date from the 1850¿s.; Legible signs from left to right are: ¿Schlitz. The Beer That Made Milwaukee Famous¿ , ¿The [T]avern¿, ¿[¿] Café¿, ¿Central Club¿, ¿Drugs. Sutters Creek Pharmacy. [¿] Ice Cream.¿, and ¿Theatre¿ ¿Coca-Cola¿.