Photograph of a view of Dry Town in Amador County, ca.1930. From the center bottom running back towards the left is a dirt road lined with small bushes and dried grass. A fence with wooden posts and barbed-wire lines runs parallel to the road. A power or telephone pole stands to the left at the end of the fence. Behind the fence are several homes with inclined roofs, while pine trees and other foilage are visible on hills in the background. Photoprint reads: "This is the oldest town in the county, 1848. It was burned down and never recovered 1857. Only a few houses remain".