Photograph of Engine company number four in front of the Old Fire House on Plaza Street in Los Angeles, 1887. Firemen are pictured on the street gathered around two horse-drawn fire engines, while the two-story brick building of the fire house stands behind them. On the lower level, the building is affixed with stable-gates, which are open. Above, a small balcony extends in front of a door which is flanked by two windows. A bellfry appears to be affixed to the building near its roof. A dog can be seen lazing under the rightmost engine.; "Old Fire House at the Plaza as it appeared in 1920 as a hotel, built in 1884 for the Thirty-Eights" -- unknown author.