Photograph of an exterior view of the Public Library in Woodland, 1900-1940. The two-story stone building is visible at center with a flat roof and dome on top. A sidewalk leads from the right to multiple stairs leading up to a columned entryway at center. "Public Library" is written above the columns in the stone, while a star-shaped design is visible above the writing. Two arched windows are visible on both sides of the entryway, while young trees and palms are planted in two rows running left to right in the front lawn. A fence is visible running horizontally across the foreground, while the trunks of two trees are visible behind the fence to the left and right. Other trees are visible in the background.