Photograph of an exterior view of the restored Sonoma Mission, ca.1937. The two-story section of the mission is shown to the left of center, made of raw adobe brick, its terracotta-tiled roof topped with a wooden cross. To the right, a longer, one-story building is attached, with vines growing up its awning, from which a bell hangs to the far right. To the left, a plaque at the bottom of the mission reads "Sonoma Mission. Open to the public. Admission Free". The mission was owned by the state of California and used as a museum.