Photograph of drawing of an exterior view of the McDonald Block on Main Street in Los Angeles, 1880-1889. The three story building is at center and has a flat roof. The first floor is marked by large, full length windows, while narrow, vertical rectangular windows are visible on the second and third floors. There are many pedestrians visible on the sidewalks in front of the building, and two horse-drawn wagons, a horseman, and a streetcar, as well as a dog, are visible in the street in the foreground. The lithograph is from Thompson & West's History of Los Angeles, published in 1880.; Legible signs include, from left to right: "Grange Store", "Judson Gillette and Gibson Examiners of Titles A. H. Judson Attorney at Law", Mrs. M. L. Park. Fashionable Millinery Fancy Goods", "Palace of Fashion", "Fine Wines & Liquors", "A. M. McKenzie", "Sample Room", "Washington Garden", "Main St. Agricultural Park", "Kysor and Hennessy Architects", and "Alex McKenzie Imported Liquors".