Photograph of an exterior view of San Pedro's Municipal Building, 1910-1920. The Romanesque building is at left and is a two-story structure with a massive dome on the roof. A set of four columns supports an overhang over the front porch at left. Two stairways are visible leading up to entrances to the building. In the background at right is San Pedro Harbor, and several large ships can be seen in the water. Several sets of railroad tracks run behind the building, and many boxcars are visible. A low wooden building behind the municipal building houses a hardware company.; This building was erected in 1908 as San Pedro's City Hall, just one year before the consolidation of the City of San Pedro with the City of Los Angeles. Thereafter it functioned as a Municipal Building up until it was removed about 1928 for the construction of the present-day Municipal Building. The fine dome was a distinctive feature of the skyline and is sometimes confused with the domed building of the Carnegie Library of San Pedro which stood only about two blocks away to the south on Park Plaza.