Photograph of a view of a commercial street in Placerville, showing the Hotel Placerville, ca.1930. The paved street occupies the foreground and bisects the image as it recedes into the distance, with several automobiles parked along each side. Two- and three- story commercial buildings, both brick and clapboard, line each side of the street, fronted by concrete sidewalks. A few townspeople loiter on the sidewalks, both at the far left and the far right. Two copies of a sign bearing the text ¿Apr 6¿ hang on successive utility poles on the left side of the street. Signs on the right side of the street, from left to right, include: ¿Forum Grand Royal Ice Cream Gasolene¿, ¿Furniture Store¿ and ¿Hotel Placerville¿.; Placerville was formerly known as Hangtown. The building bearing the sign ¿Hotel Placerville¿, in the right foreground of the image, is known as the Ivy House; it was built in 1861, and was once the oldest hotel in the town.