Photograph of the El Dorado mining camp in Calaveras County, ca.1930. Sun shines on the weeds at center through the openings of incomplete brick buildings on the left. The remnants of a poster hangs on a wall while several poles protrude from the same wall's upper stories. An automobile is parked next to a large tree that covers a second, more complete building in the background on the right. Trees cover the road in the distance.; Picture file card reads "El Dorado, Calaveras County. One of the famous mining camps of the 1850's is almost gone. The burned out buildings stand like ghosts of the past. Grass grows on the sidewalks once trod by thousands. Down the empty street there still stands the Hills Hotel, built in 1856-57. [s.d.]".