Photograph of Mission San Miguel showing the old well, ca.1888. The wooden well is visible in the foreground at left. It consists of a wooden frame supporting a pulley with ropes leading down into the well. There is a wooden bucket in front of it. The adobe mission is visible in the background. The left side of the mission is composed of a large, windowless building, while the center and right sections of the mission are composed of a lower building with an arch-covered walkway. The mission roof is made of terracotta tile.