Photograph of an exterior view of the headquarters of Autonetics, a division of North American Aviation, Incorporated, ca.1955. A two-story building can be seen extending from left to right, towards the background. In its middle area, the entrance to the building can be seen made out of glass which is as tall as the building; a large symbol which reads "An" is visible in its center. Palm trees are viewable to the sides of the entrance. In the right, towards the background, reads: "AUTONETICS". In the foreground, a paved street covers the area in front of the building.; Photoprint reads: "The headquarters of Autonetics, a division of North American Aviation, Inc., is this two-story, air-conditioned building at 9150 E. Imperial Highway, Downey (Calif.). This facility provides space for administrative offices as well as quarters for research and development engineering, quality control, marketing, engineering and manufacturing of computers, armament control and machine tool control systems. A pioneer and leader in the electro-mechanical control equipment field, autonetics designs and quantity - produces completely automatic control and data processing systems and equipment for both military and industrial applications. Including this and other facilities in both Downey and Compton, Calif., this division occupies floor area of more than 1,000,000 square feet".