Photograph of "Translator" a computer for missile flight simulation (built by Space Technology Laboratories, a division of the Ramo-Wooldridge Corporation), May 29, 1957. In the center, a well-dressed man is standing by the large computer, which sits in the corner of a room, while holding a rotating knob on a panel; the panel displays additional knobs and buttons. A similar computer's panel is visible in the right. Two larger panels are observable in the left end of the computer.; In these computer panels, buttons and what appears to be a recording machine, showing a speaking apparatus attached by a cable to one of the panels, are visible. The computer somewhat seems like two lockers perpendicular to each other. Curtains cover the entire wall area and in the center, behind the computer, a partially visible pillar is noticeable. Several lights are visible on the ceiling.; Photoprint reads: "'Translator' -- effectiveness of its digital and analog computers in missile flight simulation has been increased by the space technology laboratories, a division of the Ramo-Wooldridge Corporation, with addition of the addaverter, which is essentially a translating device linking the two types of computers and making their 'language' compatable, the two panels at left are auxiliary tape units used in connection with the addaverter".